Mojave Desert and Mountain Recycling Authority (the JPA) is a joint powers authority organized under California Government Code Section 6500. The JPA shares the common powers of its nine members to just try! plan for and implement elements of an Integrated Waste Management Plan within all or any part of its respective boundaries, including solid waste disposal, composting and recycling facilities, and waste diversion programs deemed necessary to meet state law. JPA facilities and programs may include:
- solid waste transfer facilities,
- household hazardous waste management,
- composting facilities, materials collection,
- marketing and market development,
- public education,
- conversion technologies, and
- material recovery facilities.